Friday, August 19, 2005

On Blogging (3)

Esther also commented that I'd put a list of what I'd like to write about as my first post: which she feared I might find rather restrictive. Hopefully this doesn't breach some rule of blogging etiquette-
'in some ways that might restrict 'random' entries if you feel they always have to have a level of gravitas to them in terms of content. I tend to blog relatively randomly, so length of entry is usually small and there is room to be flippant. But there are some contentious ideas on your site which I think are more on the epic scale...'
Well, ta very much. I try always to maintain an air of gravitas, obviously, although sometimes my tongue gets stuck in my cheek. And I am struggling about how to put longer papers online whilst avoiding the problems of MEGO (My Eyes Glaze Over) or TLDR (Too Long, Didn't Read).
Putting a list down was a way to save my sanity as much as anything - making sure that I would eventually get round to topics without keeping a massive list in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.